Because of a variety of factors, truck accidents in the state of Texas can be devastating to the victims, and can cause massive injuries and death in a split second. This is especially true in the case of an accident between a car and a large truck. The size difference between a regular passenger car or SUV and a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler makes surviving such an accident completely intact a somewhat unusual event.
Truck Drivers & Trucking Companies are Expected to Follow the Rules
Truck drivers and trucking companies who operate in the state of Texas, including Houston and San Antonio, are covered by a number of state and federal regulations that obligate them to operate their vehicles with a far higher standard of care than is necessary for drivers of passenger vehicles. Despite these extra rules and oversight, however, accidents happen, and it is often due to the negligence of the truck driver or the trucking company, or both.
Among the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue, especially when a driver operates his vehicle for more hours than is legally proscribed.
- Distracted Driving, such as when a truck driver is playing with an electronic device, or even eating, drinking or smoking.
- Driving under the Influence
- Unlicensed or poorly trained drivers.
- The trucks are either Oversized or Overloaded.
- The truck is not been properly maintained.
- Mechanical defects, such as blowouts or brake failure.
This is no small problem. The cities of Houston and San Antonio each saw more than 3,000 people die on the roads in 2010, and a large percentage of those fatalities came as a result of crashes involving a large truck.
Why Trust Your Case to Our Truck Accident Attorneys?
The Truck Accident Lawyers at Hill Law Firm have the experience and knowledge needed to take on the trucking company and get you all the compensation you’re entitled to. Among the compensation you may be entitled to, and that we would work hard to help you recover, may include:
- Property Damage – Including damage to your vehicle, damage to items that were stored in the vehicle, and damage to items that the driver and passengers inside the vehicle may have been carrying.
- Medical Bills: Including everyone inside the vehicle, including the driver and the passengers. Whether they received minor injuries or were severely injured, anyone who suffers an injury and truck accident may receive compensation for all medical efforts on their behalf, for the present and, quite possibly for the future.
- Other Expenses: The victim of a truck accident may be compensated for any injuries or other factors that impact their ability to bring in income. That includes compensation for job loss, or any other impact on income that may be appropriate.
- Pain and Suffering: quite often, the victim of the truck accident may be entitled to compensation for other circumstances that go well beyond normal medical care. A truck accident is a traumatizing event that can have a serious negative impact on the victim’s life, and they may be entitled to compensation for that.
Getting the recovery you’re entitled to
The aftermath of truck accidents involving 18-wheelers or tractor-trailers is almost always emotionally and financially devastating to the victim and their family. However, don’t wait to contact the Trucking Accident Lawyers at Hill Law Firm. In order to protect your rights under the law, we should begin our investigation as soon as possible. The truck accident victim is immediately at a disadvantage, because the trucking company and their insurance company will have already sent investigators to the scene of the accident to search for any information that might put themselves and the driver in a good light.
If you or your loved ones have been seriously injured or killed in a trucking accident in Houston, San Antonio or anywhere in Texas, please contact the Trucking Accident Lawyers at Hill Law Firm, so that we can help you protect your rights.