- Named a Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
- Top 40 Under 40 Texas Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers.
- Top 100 South Texas Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers.
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review.
- Chosen as Client’s Choice and Top Contributor for 2012 by Avvo.com.
- Chosen by MADD South Texas to Serve on MADD Advisory Council.
Justin was born and raised in the small town of Burkburnett, Texas. Justin’s mother was a school teacher and his father a high school football coach. After graduating from Burkburnett High School, he received his B.B.A. in Management magna cum laude from Texas A&M University. While at Texas A&M, Justin was awarded multiple academic scholarships and awards. He was active in student organizations, including serving as a Fish Camp Counselor and an opinion columnist for the Texas A&M student newspaper, The Battallion.
After graduating from Texas A&M University, Justin attended Baylor Law School on an academic scholarship. Justin graduated from Baylor Law School cum laude. At Baylor Law School, Justin was elected by his peers to serve as the Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review for a one year term. As Editor-in-Chief, Justin was responsible for overseeing the publication of the Baylor Law Review for one full academic year. His comment entitled The Quagmire of Personal Notification: When Is a Party Sufficiently Notified to Trigger the Motion for Rehearing Timetables Under the APA?, 58 Baylor L. Rev. 525 (2006) was published in the Baylor Law Review. Justin was also a member of the Order of the Barristers, the Baylor Law School Advocacy Team, was picked as a top ten speaker in the Baylor Law School moot court competition and was awarded the Edwin Horner award for the best student in the Oil & Gas class.
Justin Hill is a trial lawyer whom has been representing individuals and businesses in and around South Texas since 2007. In 2007, Justin joined a nationally renowned plaintiff’s law firm in Texas directly from Baylor Law School. He was named partner at the end of his first year with the firm. At his first job, Justin worked all aspects of case investigation, case intake and trial preparation on cases ranging from injury to breach of contract to environmental contamination. Importantly, he has been a member of many trial teams in which the cases settled on the eve of trial or went to jury verdict. Justin has also tried industrial accident, Dram Shop, and negligence cases to verdict. Along with his work prosecuting lawsuits, Justin has spoken at conferences across the State of Texas on a variety of legal topics. In addition to speaking, he has authored papers discussing automotive product liability, case investigation, joint theories of liability, and trucking (18-wheeler) litigation that have been presented at multiple continuing legal education programs.
In 2015, Justin started Hill Law Firm. Justin solely represents plaintiffs in cases against wrongdoers. Hill Law Firm is dedicated to ensuring that each one of our clients gets personal service and justice for whatever wrong they have suffered. At Hill Law Firm, Justin maintains a national practice in the areas of personal injury litigation, commercial and business litigation, personal injury caused by drunk drivers, injury and damages caused by 18-wheeler trucks, products liability, pharmaceutical drug litigation, bus accident litigation, oil & gas issues, and wrongful death issues. Recently, Justin has become involved in advising and representing counties in their claims against polluters.
Justin is licensed to practice in the state courts of Texas, and the United Sates District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas. Justin is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association, the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, the Oil and Gas Section of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA), and the Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG). Also, in and out of the office, Justin is dedicated to pro bono services. Justin serves as an advocate for those who have been injured or lost loved ones as a result of a drunk driver, is an active supporter and participant in the activities of the South Texas chapter of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and performs many hours of pro bono services for the Rape Crisis Center in San Antonio, Texas.
- JD, Baylor Law School, cum laude
- Editor In Chief of Baylor Law Review.
- Order of the Barristers.
- Top 10 Speaker at Interschool Moot Court Competition.
- Edwin P. Horner Oil and Gas Award Recipient.
- Article Chosen for Inclusion in Baylor Law Review.
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University-College Station, Magna Cum Laude
- Product Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Oil Field Accidents
- Oil Field Services Trucking Accidents
- Oil and Gas
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Sexual Assaults
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Oil and Gas Section
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Attorney Information Exchange Group
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Stars 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016 – Thomson Reuters
- Top 40 Under 40 Texas Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Recognized by YourLegalGuide.com for “Putting People First” for work with MADD.
- “Proportionate Responsibility,” Texas BarCLE presents: Causes of Action, April & May 2008.
- “The First 45 Days of Litigation: Trucking Case Discovery,” Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, September 2008.
- “Effects of the BP Oil Spill on Mass Tort,” ABA Young Lawyer’s Division National Conference, October 2010
- The Quagmire of Personal Notification: When Is a Party Sufficiently Notified to Trigger the Motion for Rehearing Timetables Under the APA?, 58 Baylor L. Rev. 525 (2006)
- Co-Author: “Discovery in Trucking Litigation: How to Aggressively Use the Discovery Process to Develop Primary and Secondary Theories of Recovery Including Single Business Enterprise, Negligent Exercise of Control, and Joint Enterprise,” Presented during the year 2008.
- Co-Author: “Automotive Products Cases,” TTLA 2008 Midyear Conference Advanced Personal Injury Seminar, April 30 – May 1, 2008.